A writer’s words, when placed in a certain order, either convey meaning, explain something or tell a story.
Freelance writer. Lives in UK: writes globally
Likes: cricket, Sherlock Holmes, animals and German Christmas markets.
Not so bothered about the Jeremy Kyle Show, celebrity gossip and Pokémon Go.
I write features, profiles, news, essays, interview pieces.
For general audiences, and on sport, science, technology, the unexplained, history, wildlife, sci-fi, mental health, holistic health.
2016 TABPI (Trade Association of Business Publishers International) Gold Award (Winner) Best Special Section
Best print writer – Shortlisted – British Society Magazine Editors 2016
"Cris is a talented, knowledgeable, thorough and extremely hard-working journalist not afraid of legwork and painstaking research and capable of making the most esoteric issues in the field of science and technology accessible and exciting." Vitali Vitaliev, Features Editor, E&T Magazine
"Cris is a fine journalist who is excellent to work with and has a great nose for good stories." Simon Hemelryk, Deputy Editor, Reader's Digest
"Since I've taken over the editing position at Australia's Inside Cricket magazine in October last year, Cris has been the mag's chief UK correspondent, covering a variety of topics from the cricket's role in healing war-ravaged Sri Lanka to the Australian presence in the County Championship. His writing's colourful and insightful, his research is thorough and - of utmost importance to an editor - he always files on time. A strong operator." Aaron Scott, Editor Inside Cricket Magazine.
- On the 80th anniversary of the beginning of the Second World War, do we need to learn from history about how to deal with extremists who use communications technology to spread their hate?
- Why is the engineering industry still failing to recruit women effectively and pay them as much as men?
- Wildlife poaching is rife across Africa. Meet a man who risks his life training people to protect endangered animals
- Did dragons, unicorns and griffins really exist?
- Smart fences protect wildlife on the road
- Are social media campaigns a threat to democracy?
- Is it possible to revive extinct animals?
- Sherlock Holmes and the Beast of Gevaudan
- And...….I got a mention in Kevin Pietersen's book!